- Public record report
Linn County Sheriff's report for March 6
MOUND CITY – The Linn County Sheriff Kevin Friend posted his report on March 6 on activities of his office over the previous week.:
• Total prisoners at the Justice Center the past week were 51. Nineteen prisoners were released the past week.
• No prisoners were sent to other facilities.
• Thirty prisoners were from other facilities, 18 from Wyandotte County, 12 from the U.S. Marshal’s Service
• Total 911 calls were 135. Friend said there were about 40 controlled burns on Saturday and people were reporting them.
• There were 3,589 jail contacts.
• Total calls for service were 621. He said these were up 70 from last week, mostly due to spring burning, and many of them were controlled fires.
• Total civil service papers served were 21.
• There were nine vehicle identification number (VIN) inspection.
• Nineteen new cases (criminal, child in need of care, etc.) were opened.
• Seven cases were closed.
• There were two vehicle crashes.
• There were 130 school resource officer (SRO) activities.
• Bailiff contacts were 148, which resulted in 45 of the calls for service.
• The office received two reports that livestock were out.