Linn County Sheriff's report for week ending July 15
MOUND CITY – On Monday, July 17, Sheriff Kevin Friend gave his weekly report to the commissioners.
The sheriff’s department numbers for the week ending July 15 are:
• Total prisoners at the Justice Center the past week were 58. Thirteen prisoners were released the past week.
• No prisoners were sent to other facilities.
• Thirty-three prisoners were from other facilities. Some from the U.S. Marshals Service, Wyandotte County and Coffey County.
• Total 911 calls were 69. Friend said this was one of the lowest numbers he had seen since he had been there. He was not sure what was going on.
• There were 3,001 jail contacts.
• Total calls for service were 486.
• Total civil service papers served were 38.
• There were five vehicle identification number (VIN) inspection.
• Twenty-one new cases (criminal, child in need of care, etc.) were opened.
• Nine cases were closed.
• There were five vehicle crashes worked by the sheriff’s office.
• There were four school resource officer (SRO) activities.
• Bailiff contacts were 201, resulting in 62 calls for service.
• Six reports were received about livestock being out.