- Public record report
Linn County Sheriff's report for week ending March 11
MOUND CITY – On Monday, March 13, Linn County Sheriff Kevin Friend gave his report on the week ending Saturday, March 11, to the Linn County Commission:
• Total prisoners at the Justice Center the past week were 48. Sixteen prisoners were released the past week.
• No prisoners were sent to other facilities.
• Twenty-four prisoners were from other facilities.
• Total 911 calls were 115.
• There were 3,801 jail contacts.
• Total calls for service were 556.
• Total civil service papers served were 20.
• There were eight vehicle identification number (VIN) inspections.
• Thirteen new cases (criminal, child in need of care, etc.) were opened.
• Thirteen cases were closed.
• There were eight vehicle crashes worked by the sheriff’s office.
• There were 128 school resource officer (SRO) activities.
• Bailiff contacts were 148, resulting in 47 calls for service.
• Eight reports were received about livestock being out.