Linn County Sheriff's report for week ending Nov. 4
MOUND CITY – On Monday, Nov. 6, the report from Linn County Sheriff Kevin Friend on his office's activities for the week ending Nov. 4 was read at the Linn County Commission meeting and his report was read.
The sheriff’s department numbers for the past week are:
• Total prisoners at the Justice Center the past week were 56. Eleven prisoners were released the past week.
• No prisoners were sent to other facilities.
• Thirty-eight prisoners were from other facilities.
• Total 911 calls were 77.
• There were 3,977 jail contacts.
• Total calls for service were 473.
• Total civil service papers served: seven.
• There were four vehicle identification number (VIN) inspections.
• Seven new cases (criminal, child in need of care, etc.) were opened.
• Nine cases were closed.
• There were seven vehicle crashes worked by the sheriff’s office.
• There were 57 school resource officer (SRO) activities.
• Bailiff contacts were 219 , resulting in 22 calls for service.
• Eleven reports were received on livestock out.
Friend reported that the current daily income from jail housing is $2,954.50.
The inmate housing billed for October 2023 was:
Wyandotte County $41,445.00
United States Marshal’s Service 48,576.00
United States Marshal’s Transport 2,297.79
Kansas Dept. of Corrections 990.00