Linn County Sheriff's report for week ending Oct. 14
MOUND CITY – On Monday, Oct. 16, Sheriff Kevin Friend was unable to attend the Linn County Commission meeting and his report was read.
The sheriff’s department numbers for the week ending on Saturday, Oct. 14 are:
• Total prisoners at the Justice Center the past week were 57. Six prisoners were released the past week.
• No prisoners were sent to other facilities.
• Thirty-seven prisoners were from other facilities.
• Total 911 calls were 60.
• There were 4,223 jail contacts.
• Total calls for service were 497.
• Total civil service papers served: 19.
• There were four vehicle identification number (VIN) inspections.
• Nine new cases (criminal, child in need of care, etc.) were opened.
• Fourteen cases were closed.
• There were four vehicle crashes worked by the sheriff’s office.
• There were 108 school resource officer (SRO) activities.
• Bailiff contacts resulted in 35 calls for service.
• Seven reports were received about livestock being loose.
Friend reported that the current daily income from jail housing is $2,866.50.