Linn County Sheriff's report for week ending Oct. 28
MOUND CITY – On Monday, Oct. 30, Sheriff Kevin Friend did not attend the Linn County Commissioner meeting but sent his report.
The sheriff’s department numbers for the week ending Oct. 28 are:
• Total prisoners at the Justice Center the past week were 50. Eighteen prisoners were released the past week.
• No prisoners were sent to other facilities.
• Thirty-three prisoners were from other facilities.
• Total 911 calls were 107.
• There were 3983 jail contacts.
• Total calls for service were 507.
• Total civil service papers served 4.
• There were two vehicle identification number (VIN) inspections.
• Twenty-one new cases (criminal, child in need of care, etc.) were opened.
• Nine cases were closed.
• There were seven vehicle crashes worked by the sheriff’s office.
• There were 115 school resource officer (SRO) activities.
• Bailiff contacts were 170, resulting in 38 calls for service.
• Seven reports of livestock out were received.
Friend reported that the current daily income from jail housing is $2,576.