Sheriff's report for January 9
MOUND CITY – On Monday, Jan. 9, the Linn County Commissioners approved the sheriff’s monthly fee report for December of about $42,400. The fee report includes fees that are paid to the sheriff’s office.
The fees about $40,430 for Wyandotte County inmate housing, $440 for registered offenders, $380 for civil service, $350 for the education grant from the University of Kansas, $335 for reimbursed tow expense from Bill Nunnaley, $240 for vehicle identification number (VIN) inspections, $135 for reports, $65 for concealed carry fees and $30 for fingerprint fees.
Sheriff Kevin Friend reported the following numbers for the week of Jan. 2 through Jan. 8:
• Total prisoners at the Justice Center the past week were 52. There were 11
prisoners released the past week.
• No prisoners were sent to other facilities.
• Twenty-eight prisoners were from other facilities, 19 Wyandotte and nine federal
• Total 911 calls were 87.
• There were 4,301 jail contacts.
• Total calls for service were 497.
• Total civil service papers served were six.
• There were two vehicle identification number (VIN) inspections.
• Ten new cases (criminal, child in need of care, etc.) were opened.
• Six cases were closed.
• There were six vehicle crashes.
• There were 79 school resource officer (SRO) contacts.
• Bailiff contacts were 97, 26 of those resulted in calls for service.
• Deputies responded to five reports of livestock being out.