Sheriff's report for week ending July 29
MOUND CITY – Linn County Sheriff Kevin Friend gave the weekly sheriff’s office report for the week ending July 29 on Monday, July 31.
Friend said that the Linn County local emergency planning committee (LEPC) had been hosted by Fire Chief Randy Hegwald on Thursday, July 27.
He said that it was a good meeting with 15 people attending. Included with the meeting was a tour of the jail.
The sheriff’s department numbers for the past week are:
• Total prisoners at the Justice Center the past week were 58. Thirteen prisoners were released the past week.
• No prisoners were sent to other facilities.
• Thirty-one prisoners were from other facilities. Some from the U.S. Marshals Service, Wyandotte County and Coffey County.
• Total 911 calls were 59.
• There were 3,790 jail contacts.
• Total calls for service were 531. These were for fire, EMS and law enforcement, both county and municipalities.
• Total civil service papers served were 21.
• There was one vehicle identification number (VIN) inspection.
• Sixteen new cases (criminal, child in need of care, etc.) were opened.
• Eight cases were closed.
• There were five vehicle crashes worked by the sheriff’s office.
• There were no school resource officer (SRO) activities.
• Bailiff contacts were 178, resulting in 40 calls for service.
• Received four reports of livestock being loose.