Sheriff's report includes arrest of burglary suspect
MOUND CITY – Linn County Sheriff Kevin Friend reported to the Linn County Commissioners on Monday, May 8, that the sheriff’s department had a suspect in custody for recent burglaries at Holiday Lakes. He also presented his weekly report.
Friend told the commissioners that there had been several burglaries in the Holiday Lakes area, and on Sunday night a suspect was arrested.
The monthly fee report was approved by the commissioner. The total receipts for April were $39,910 and include: SSA Inmate payment of $600; Livestock Impounding/James Brownback, $500; United States Marshall Housing and Transportation, $34,886; Reimbursement on Advance Correctional Healthcare, $2,429; Civil Service, $440; Vehicle Inspection Numbers (VIN), $380; Reports, $110; Conceal/Carry, $65; and Registered Offenders, $500.
Friend reported on the service numbers for the past week. They are:
• Total prisoners at the Justice Center the past week were 52. Eleven prisoners were released the past week.
• No prisoners were sent to other facilities.
• Twenty-nine prisoners were from other facilities.
• Total 911 calls were 122.
• There were 4,866 jail contacts.
• Total calls for service were 662. Friend said this was up from last week’s 513.
• Total civil service papers served were 11.
• There were five vehicle identification number (VIN) inspections.
• Seventeen new cases (criminal, child in need of care, etc.) were opened.
• Eight cases were closed.
• There were five vehicle crashes worked by the sheriff’s office.
• There were 136 school resource officer (SRO) activities.
• Bailiff contacts were 171, resulting in 40 calls for service.
• Ten reports were received of livestock that were out.