Sheriff's report on Dec. 27
MOUND CITY – The moving of the Linn County Sheriff’s department communications/dispatch and all 911 services into the new Justice Center building was completed last week.
Linn County Sheriff Kevin Friend’s weekly written report on Tuesday, Dec. 27, showed the following numbers:
• Total prisoners at the Justice Center the past week were 51. There were eight prisoners released the past week.
• No prisoners were sent to other facilities.
• Twenty-eight prisoners were from other facilities.
• Total 911 calls were 82.
• There were 4,949 jail contacts.
• Total calls for service were 338.
• Total civil service papers served were 20.
• There were two vehicle identification number (VIN) inspection.
• Eleven new cases (criminal, child in need of care, etc.) were opened.
• Seven cases were closed.
• There were seven vehicle crashes.
• There were 12 school resource officer (SRO) activities.
• Bailiff contacts were 165.
• Four reports of livestock out were received .