Linn County Sheriff's report for Dec. 5
Updated: Dec 14, 2022
MOUND CITY – On Monday, Dec. 5, the Linn County Commissioners approved the sheriff’s department November monthly fee report of $6,837.50. The fee report includes fees that are paid to the sheriff’s office.
The fees are $5,000 for SRO Ed, $400 for housing inmates, $380 for registered offenders, $45 for fingerprinting, $485 for civil service, $420 for Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) inspections, $75 for reports, and $32.50 for concealed carry fees.
In Sheriff Kevin Friend’s written report for the week of Nov. 28 through Dec. 4, he reported:
• Total prisoners at the Justice Center the past week were 46. There were 11
prisoners released the past week.
• No prisoners were sent to other facilities.
• Nineteen prisoners were from other facilities.
• Total 911 calls were 83.
• There were 4,045 jail contacts.
• Total calls for service were 511.
• Total civil service papers served were 23.
• There was one vehicle identification number (VIN) inspection.
• Nine new cases (criminal, child in need of care, etc.) were opened.
• Twelve cases were closed.
• There were six vehicle crashes.
• There were 184 school resource officer (SRO) activities.
• Bailiff contacts were 119.
• Deputies responded to 11 incidents of livestock being out.